Wednesday, April 22, 2015

classic move.

Well, I can't say it was the BEST week in my mission, but it was still a great week! I was super inspired by a couple of Dane White's emails that Dad sent me last week. They had a crazy goal to reach and teach 250 people in one week about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. They ended up getting to about 150 people, that is awesome. 150 people got a lesson and a prayer from two of the Lords servants,,think about how many seeds were planted! I was so fired up to try and I got my comp bought into it also! Right after emailing we started calling members, so we could go on splits everyday and reach double the amount of people. We hit the streets on fire and started talking to everyone who would listen, surprisingly, almost everyone was allowing us to pray with them and teach them,,we taught about families, Jesus Christ, and that all truth has been restored to the Earth through a living prophet. We heard peoples struggles, problems, sicknesses, worries, fears, goals, and plans. We helped people see how the Book of Mormon could help them with all of these. By Tuesday night we were exhausted, but I had never felt better. Then we hit a little speed bump on Wednesday morning...Long story short, my foot had a fight with some glass and the glass won..lots of blood and 9 stitches later I was vegging out on my bed at home while I could have been helping the Lord save souls!
Here's where the real miracle comes in though...because we had members ready to go on splits with us everyday, my companion still got to go out and save souls...yes! But that's not even the miracle. One of people who was willing to help us was a non-active member, Lena. Lena stayed home with me for three days and I came to love her. The first day she stayed with me, she got a call from her family on another island that her brother had gone into the hospital with a heart problem. The second day she got the call that her brother had passed away. She really broke down and was so sad. She began asking me questions about where we will go after this life, about the plan of salvation and about where her brother was and if she would ever see him again. She told me about her struggles, her falling away from the church and her desire to be a true follower of Christ. That was a miracle for me. The Lord always provides a way. Yes, I'm a little bummed that we didn't reach our goal, but hey, we tried and we definitely didn't fail. We ended reaching over 50 people..not bad. 50 more people who hopefully felt closer to their Heavenly Father than they did before they met two missionaries. How many people can you help? How many burdens can you lift? The number really doesn't matter, but the PEOPLE do. The worth of souls is GREAT in the sight of God. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude and love for my Father in Heaven. He knows me, he knows what I need, and His love is perfect. Jesus Christ's grace IS SUFFICIENT. Whatever struggle, feelings of regret, failure, heartache you have,, Jesus Christ's grace is sufficient for YOU. He loves you and knows you as if you were the ONLY thing he has ever created. 
With all my love,
and all my stitches,
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment