Sunday, March 22, 2015

The first and great commandment...the second is like unto it.

Well, it was an interesting week, that's for sure! As you already know, I got dengue fever and was forced to go into the hospital, but I'm all good now! I think I was just supposed to get dengue so we could meet this awesome lady in the hospital! Her name is Ibu Atit. She was in the same room as me and she started asking us a ton of questions about our church. We taught her about the restoration and she asked for a copy of Book of Mormon, she told us she wanted us to come over to her house as soon as she gets better...everything happens for a reason! She was moved by companions conversion story because she is also Muslim. 
Our investigators are still doing awesome! We are so excited for Elizabeth and her two sons baptism next week! The ward already loves them and they fit right in. It has truly been a miracle to see how the gospel has blessed this family's life. Last night, we taught Laura's husband and challenged him to be baptized on the 5th of April along with Ibu Ribka and her three daughters. He received the invitation and is excited about the gospel of Jesus Christ! 
All of us missionaries in Jakarta put on an activity at our church this week for investigators and members and it was such a success! We had a ton of people come and it was way fun! 
These last couple of weeks I have been having a really hard time loving my companion. I think the adversary knows the amazing work we have going on right now and is trying to find anyway to stop us. I have been praying like crazy that I would be able to feel more love for my companion and that I would know how I could better help her. Yesterday in the English ward, the monthly bulletin came out and it was a write up on my companion and I. It was both of our stories of how we decided to serve missions and our advice for member missionary work. One of the brothers who was speaking got up and said that as he read the bulletin, it brought tears to his eyes. He proceeded to read it again over the pulpit. He said that it brought tears to his eyes because two people, completely different, one coming from California, going to college, coming from a family of all members and the other from a little village in Indonesia, only receiving an elementary education, the one and only Christian in her family, have come together because of one person, and one purpose, Jesus Christ. I couldn't help but tear up as he shared that and I was humbled. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father, no matter where we come from, our backgrounds, our interests, our personalities, we are all part of a heavenly family. How great is this gospel? We are brought together and become one through Jesus Christ, our Savior. We must learn to live with differences, and love EVERYONE despite of them. It is a commandment from God. I love my Savior and His Gospel, as we live it fully, it shapes us and molds us, until someday, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we worthy to live with our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ, again.
"How sweet the joy this sentence is, I know that my Redeemer lives."
Love you!
Sister Reilly

Ibu Ribka's Fam!

My english class!

trying to make cookies with a cerial bowl and a toaster oven..


Dengue..

Our activity!



No comments:

Post a Comment