Sunday, March 22, 2015

Nice rhyme, nice rhyme..



Goood week. No baptisms this week, but we have some really progressive investigators who are coming to church every week and preparing for baptism. We had 8 of our investigators at church yesterday and one potential investigator that a member brought and the meeting was filled with the spirit! The member invited us over after church to teach her friend and it was a super cool lesson. This girl is actually from Japan and can hardly speak English so we taught in English and then the member translated into Japanese. She had never prayed before and she felt something different at church. At the end of the lesson we taught her the steps of prayer and she prayed to God for the first time in her life with us. Even though I didn't understand a word she said, I could feel the spirit as she talked to her Heavenly Father.
Elizabeth and her two boys are doing awesome. She has completely stopped smoking and the three of them will be baptized on the 29th of March. The youngest son turns 8 on the 26th so they can all be baptized together :). Elizabeth asked if she could pay tithing at church yesterday even though she isn't a member yet, and she did. She has so much faith and is an example to me of putting all trust in the Lord. 
A cool experience this week..I sat down next to a lady named Jeanne on the bus and we got to talking about our families and I showed her a picture of my family, she automatically said we looked to happy and I told her that we are all member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. She said that when I first sat down she has read 'Jesus Christ' on my Book of Mormon and was wondering why I was here. I explained about the Book of Mormon and a little about what our church believes. After about 5 minutes she turned to me and said..after my husband died almost two years ago, I went to church every week..then her eyes filled with tears and she said, but lately I have not gone to church and my faith has been very weak. She said that she knew that God has placed me in her path to help her. I also started crying because of her words, that seriously touched my heart like nothing before. She asked for the Book of Mormon and text us that night saying she had read the chapter I suggested and wanted to come to church and learn more. It's those experiences that make everything hard about the mission worth it. There is nothing better. I love this sacred calling.
Love,
Sister Reilly
"the world is in need of your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire,and souls to save. Are we doing all we can?"

Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment