Sunday, October 5, 2014

Goodness!

Wow, awesome week! So on Thursday my comp started feeling super sick and she had to run out of a lesson and throw up, that was defs an awkward situation...but the family seemed not to mind or think it was too strange..that's Indonesia for ya! haha! Anyways my comp got up on Saturday and just felt super bad and said she didn't think she could go out. I have never stayed home since I've been out and some part of me just wanted to tell her to toughen up and just go out and the Lord would bless her hahaha...but then I though...what would the Savior do? Sometimes I have ask myself that question haha. Anyways we ended up staying home until our 5 o'clock appointment and then went out, she slept all day and I read alllll day. It actually turned out to be a really cool experience. I read about half of Jesus the Christ and I was sitting on our front porch and our neighbors kept coming by (they are almost all muslim) and asking me what I was reading and how I could read for so long and not fall asleep. Our neighbors are awesome! BUT, what made this week awesome was Saturday. President Donald is in Jogja until Thursday and him and sister Donald went out with us on Saturday. They went to the Johan family with us and it was the coolest lesson ever!! Pres told his conversion story and we also had another member with us who is the same age as the oldest daughter and she also told her story. President is super good with his Indonesian now and the spirit was SO STRONG. It was just what they needed. The oldest daughter finally just opened up to us and started crying and said that she knew this is what she needed to do, but that it is the hardest decision she has had to make. Almost all her life she didn't get along with her younger siblings and she was always praying so that she could change and then at there church she got the calling to teach Sunday school for the kids and it has literally changed her and blessed their family and she feels that she is leaving them and leaving something that is good. That was hard for me to hear, but we told her that sometimes God has us leave something GOOD, to receive something GREAT. I talked about my choice to serve a mission and we promised her that as she follows what the spirit is telling her she will be blessed beyond measure. We invited them to fast for fast Sunday yesterday. After gospel principles they had to leave church, but about 30 minutes after leaving they came back while we were in Relief Society and found President Donald and asked him when they could stop fasting...haha! President Donald and Sister Donald love them and so do I. I have so much love for that family, words cannot describe. Right now we have the most progressing investigators I've had all my mission, the Lord is blessing us and I am so grateful to be doing HIS WORK. 


Moroni 10: 16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

Look at the fruits of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints and judge. 



Yesterday was the sacrifice day for the Muslin people, so there was cows, goats and sheep being slaughtered all over the streets!  Our neighbor keeps bring us tons of meet! This is goat...yummmm! Did I tell you how good horse tastes??


Kasih dan Hormat,
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment