Monday, June 2, 2014

Great week!

Great Week!! I am going to be honest, my first maybe 5 days here I was a feeling little bummed because I left Malang where we had so many awesome things happening, I was just so happy there and then I moved to Jogja where we only had 2 semi-progressive investigators and not much going on, but I was also just excited to help get the work going here. I don't think I've seen so many miracles in one week before! My companion and I have just been fasting and praying that the Lord would lead us to those who are ready to receive the gospel and He did just that! Some of the first couple days here were probably some of the longest days of my mission so far, just proselyting like crazy...but it payed off! We were led to people who honestly understood our message and felt the truth of it. We went from 2 semi-progressive investigators to 6 people with a baptismal date! Yesterday testimony meeting was so amazing, the members here are so awesome and the spirit was so strong, all of our investigators that came to church felt it and felt something different about our church. I know this church is the Lords church and we cannot be afraid to open our mouths and share it with everyone. Don't stop someone else from being saved because you are too afraid to open your mouth and share this truth with them :) Invite all to come and partake of the fruit! I love being a missionary so much, there is nothing better than the feeling that comes when we share this gospel with others and see it change their lives. If you want to truly be happy, forget about yourself and go serve others!
I love these scriptures from Mark 10... 
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses,and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands,with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

43 ...but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:

44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.

45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

I know that is true, as we give up things for the Savior, we are blessed an hundredfold and If we truly want to be great, we should be servant to others.I love my mission and I love you allll!

Love,
Sister Reilly

{Ps. this is from one of Sidney's personal letters to her dad}
Check out this email I got this week...pretty cool! 

Hi Sister Reilly,

Do you remember that girl you sat by on the plane, when you were heading to Indonesia from Salt Lake? You were just leaving the MTC, I believe...well, hello again. It's me. Luckily since our sisters know each other I was able to kind of track you down. In the least creepy way possible:)

I actually have really been wanting to write you for a while. When I last talked to you, I'm pretty sure I told you I was an inactive member of the church. At that time, I was farther from the church and from God than I had ever been. I was going through some hard things. And I remember seeing you and the other missionaries. And seeing how happy you guys were... I wanted that. A little over a month after I talked to you, I ended up returning to the church. I changed everything in my life that didn't align with the gospel. And I am so happy because of it. I am so grateful. I feel so guided. And I feel so blessed. Which brings me to....I just turned in my mission papers! I thought that'd be cool for you to know and for some reason I really wanted to tell you! I am unbelievably thrilled to be a missionary. It's all I think about. Time cannot possibly move slower right now. But I cannot wait to serve and share the gospel.

I hope you're doing really well! I hope your experiences as a missionary are being so rewarding. I did just want to tell you that you played a part in bringing me back to the church. Even though I only talked to you for an hour, somehow you were a great influence. Like a planted seed. Thank you for that! Good luck in Indonesia Sister Reilly! I wish you the best! Stay safe!

Sincerely,
Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment