Sunday, April 13, 2014

Konferensi Umum!

How awesome was conference?! I think I was more excited for conference than I was for Christmas :) Watching as a missionary was so amazing, I came in with questions of how I can be better in this work and what my companion and I needed to do to find more people who the Lord has repaired and all my questions were answered :). Pak Yakub came and he loved it! He's so excited to be baptized next week and his smoking addiction is completely over. He said it is amazing how he just doesn't even have the desire anymore, after the first few days of completely stopping he just felt so much better and just has this extra strength..so thank you for your prayers!! Ibu Diah also came and Sister Jibson and I just kept looking at each other and smiling after some of the things that were said during the talks because they were perfect for her! I loved Elder Scott's talk so much! It was so full of love and then connected that love with sharing the gospel. That is what it is all about! I loved E. Gary Stevens comparison with an Olympic athlete and how they train their entire lives for a 4 minute race and how this is like our race, our time to show what we have and later receive the metal! I love how he said we can always start NEW with the atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is the center of everything I am and do as a missionary. I am here to help others partake fully of the Savior's atonement. In doing that I am constantly using the atonement in my life, to become better as a missionary, to be a more effective instrument in the Lord's hands. We truly can become changed through the atonement of Jesus Christ, given strength beyond our own measure, given a bigger capacity to love, the desires of our hearts can be changed and we can become more like HIM. What an awesome blessing it is to be able to hear from a living prophet of God and His apostles! So sweet! One more thing for today's email...anyone who is reading this and has not yet had the chance to read The Book of Mormon...find one, and read one...they are free :) Your testimony of the Savior and His atonement will grow as you read that book, you will gain a greater understanding of who you are, why you are here, and what you have to do in this life to have true peace and happiness. I promise anyone who reads from The Book of Mormon will feel closer to God than they have before and will feel His influence more in your life. Read it and then email me and tell me how it is blessing your life :) I love you all and am so grateful for everyone's love and support! I love this work I love Indonesiaaaaa!
Today Sister Jibson and I are biking 25 miles to a members house haha! One of the Indonesian missionaries parents lives super far out and she told us that nobody could bike there because it's way too hard...so we're taking the challenge and doing it! haha :) 25 miles there and 25 miles back! Power companionship... ;)

Sister Jibson and Ibu Diah!

One of the MANY creepy texts that we get...haha

Sweepin the streets of Malang!

Sister Jibson and after our long day of being sick...we would be in appointments or riding our bikes and just have to run to the bathroom, like every 10 minutes....it was horrible! But all good now! :)








Dengan segenp hati,
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment