Monday, March 10, 2014

Arema!!

Sid wanted me to tell everyone that she didn't have time to write everyone back, but she read all your emails and will reply next week! 

Awesome week with my new companion! Sister Jibson is awesome, I love her!! I'm in heaven because she likes to run and we've run every morning together since she came in on Monday. She's fired up to work hard and find more people to teach and baptize in Malang! We've had some interesting things happen this week because I've gotten us lost a few times! We've been able to get to all our investigators houses though and have been meeting so many people on the way because we have to ask for directions so much! hah :) Sister Jibson and I got to go out to Blitar yesterday with the mission couple to have a sacrament meeting with the little group out there. It is about 2.5 hours away from church so once every month two missionaries and the mission couple go out there and hold a little sacrament meeting in a members house. There were about 10 members there and it was a really cool thing to be a part of. I also was asked to give a talk on strengthening a testimony, and that was a cool opportunity. The members are so strong and awesome! Daniel also lives in Blitar and so he was there and passed the sacrament! It was such an awesome experience to see him passing the sacrament and giving the opening prayer in the meeting! 

Mom, you asked me to explain a normal day in Indonesia, but the thing is, there are no normal days here, haha! No but honestly, its just riding our bikes from appointment to appointment and using the rest of the time to find new people! And of course crazy floods, crazy people, crazy food, lots of laughing and praying in between! I can truly see the Lord's hand in everything that we do, even when we get lost, we always seem to meet someone who we wouldn't otherwise have met. This week we were proselyting and met Daniel's aunt (who he lived with before in Malang). She was embarrassed to take us to her house because it was so small and wrecked, but we told her that didn't matter to us and so she took us down to her house and we taught her and her husband a lesson and then came back a few days later and taught them again. They are so humble and are looking for change in their lives. She also gave us a referral to her friend who is Muslim and we found and taught her also. Then yesterday they both came to church together! We're really excited about them. 

This really is the best mission ever. We just happened to teach many Muslim families this week...something Sister Jibson has never done before in her mission so far and we can't stop talking about how strong the spirit is when we teach these people about their Savior Jesus Christ. He is the way and the light! He is the center of God's perfect plan for us and the only way to true happiness in this life and in the life to come. I get to serve as His representative in Indonesia, "to stand in His place, to say and do what He himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me." There is no greater calling than this. I know that this gospel is the way, the one and only. I want everyone to have the opportunity to "taste of this fruit." The hardest thing about serving a mission is seeing investigators turn down what you know will bless them more than anything else, but the joy that comes from seeing others embrace our message and not only feel the truth of it in their hearts, but see the truth of it by the blessings that come outweighs that sadness 100%. I love my Savior and know that this truly is His church, and is lead by Him. This truly is the Lord's work, I see His hand in everything that we do! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world or be doing anything else than this right now. I love it!!

Even monkeys love the Book of Mormon!! ;)

Next week I will send more pics with my companion!

Love,
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment