Sunday, March 2, 2014

Another strange, but good week!

My companion has officially left me :( These past months have been the best of my life and I wouldn't trade the experiences we had together for anything! My new companion is coming in today and I'm excited to get working with her...I'm also a little worried about leading her around Malang. I'm praying that I will be able to remember where all of our investigators houses are!! Sister Suryani with one of the other Sisters here left on Friday and the last few days I've been with Sister Olsen, who is leaving today for Jogja! We've been so busy because we've been visiting investigators in their area and in ours! A lot fast bike riding from place to place! 
I think last week I talked about Mas Heru, one of our investigators. He is so awesome. He's Muslim, but is really seaking for the truth. We gave him a Book of Mormon and a Bible this last week and he has been reading and searching the scriptures. He has been super shy about praying in front of us and he finally did the other day and I wanted to cry! It was such a good prayer...he sounded like a member! I am so thankful for the people we get to teach everyday, I truly feel like they are my brothers and sisters and that the Lord is working through my companion and I to help them. 
So something funny about my time together with Sister Suryani. We always tried to find opportunities to serve on our way to appointments or just anytime. Whenever someone would send us with extra food we would look for someone homeless to give it to. We tried this about 5 times within the last couple weeks and each person was crazy! One lady barked at us, one man started swinging at us and told us to go away, and one man took the crackers we gave him, smashed them, and moved to another place to sit. At least we got a good laugh out of it! 
I love my mission so much, all the craziness included! I can truly see the Lord's hand in the peoples' lives we are teaching. As I pray for inspiration from the spirit to guide me as a study the scriptures, I can see how the spirit truly does lead me to what I need to read each day to help our investigators. I have grown to love the scriptures so much! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that each person who will read and ponder it will grow closer to God than with any other book. I know my Savior lives and works through a modern prophet who guides His church on the Earth today, Thomas S. Monson. I know that this gospel is the answer...any challenge in life can be made right with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have the greatest calling ever, 18 months to declare this to the people of Indonesia, and I will give the Lord all I have everyday so that He will be able to work through me in bringing souls to Him!
New Fav scripture...

Alma 29: 8-9
8 For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their ownnation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that hedseeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lorddoth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true.

9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory init. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lordhath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps Imay be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul torepentance; and this is my joy.

10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent,and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy;then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, eventhat he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember hismerciful arm which he extended towards me.
I love you all!!!!






Notice Daniel at mission prep class!

Us on the front page of paper!
Love, 
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment