Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's Pday again!

It was another amazing week! I can't believe it's already my third week here, the time is flying! It gets better an better everyday...except for the cold. I seriously feel like everyday is colder than the last!! I'M ALWAYS FREEZING, haha! I don't think I could have been called to a more perfect place since Indonesia is hot ALL the time, even when it's raining it's hot...that's my type of weather :). Alright so some fun stuff from this week...in one of our lessons this week I started with the opening prayer, feeling all confident with "Dalam nama Yesus Kristus" (In the name of Jesus Christ)! I realized it, said sorry an started over, but everyone just started laughing, it was pretty funny! Longest word I've learned in Indonesian so far: mempertanggungjawabkannya!!! hahah It means "to take responsibility for"...pretty crazy, huh? Alright something else crazy...so as you all know I'm a solo Sister which means I'm the only Sister in my District, but as of Sunday I will be the only Sister in my whole zone! It will definitely be interesting, I'm going to have to move into a different room with some Sisters from another zone, but as far as during the day goes it won't be too different because I'm already pretty much with the Elders all day...I have to keep them in line!




 I'm going to miss all the missionaries that are leaving from my zone so much though! It was so hard to say bye to all the Greek missionaries last week. It's crazy how much I have come to love everyone here so much! Even if we've only known each other a few weeks, I have come to love all the Elders and Sister in my zone SO much! 


One of the things that stands out to me in general since being here, but a lot this week is the amazing power of prayer. I know God is listening an will answer our prayers. As I have started my scripture study with a sincere prayer, asking Heavenly Father to guide me to what I need to read for our upcoming "investigators" and to be able to liken the scriptures unto my life and theirs, I have been amazed at the influence of the spirit and what I have been able to learn. I have come to love the scriptures so much! Alright, I know I am skipping around a lot, but Ether 12:27!
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
That is such an amazing scripture and I know it is true. I am so far from perfect, but as I have turned to the Savior and asked him for help, I have seen such a change in my life. The Savior wants to bless us, all we have to do is turn to him and let him. I get to share that message and so many other amazing truths with the people of Indonesia..I really have the best calling! I already have such a love for the people of Indonesia and I am not even there yet! One of our "investigators" that we are teaching is Mas Joko,he is someone that one of our teachers, Brother Rohl taught when he was in Indonesia last year. Brother Rohl brought in a picture to show us where Joko actually lived and it was so humbling. Mas Joko, his 2 kids, and his wife live in a shack probably half the size of my room, made of bamboo and scraps of sheet metal raised above a rice field. That really hit me hard. I know people like Joko are waiting for me and need the gospel in Indonesia and I can't wait to go find them. I know that Christ's true church has been restored on the Earth today, I am so blessed to know that and to have the opportunity to share that and help others come unto Christ! Here are some awesome quotes that I heard this week...

"When you go as far as you think you can go, that is when you realize you can go further!"

"The best way to find truth, is to go to the origin of all truth, and ask."

Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH to anyone that has sent me something, you have no idea how much it means to a missionary to get a letter in the mail. Everyone in my zone loves me because of Wendy's peanut butter cookies and mom amazing Mom's pumpkin bread!! haha :) ALSO, check out the site "Dear Elder" you can type out letters and they come to the MTC the same day...I'm pretty sure it's free too. :)

I love you all so much!


Love,
Sister Reilly

3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

No comments:

Post a Comment