Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sangat Siplah Minggu!

Really sweet week! Time flies when your doing the Lord's work! I can't believe it's already Pday again and we only have 2 more at the MTC! Waduh, gila! (Wow, crazy!) Every week has been loaded with spiritual experiences and so much learning! As of Monday I'm the only Sister in my zone, it was sad saying bye to everyone that left on Monday! We went from a group of 21 to a group of 8! It's fun though, the 8 of us are really close and everyone works hard! I moved buildings and I'm with 3 Sisters that are going to the Philippines now, they are awesome! It's definitely different though because I have my own room, but I sleep in their room. We are getting another Solo Sister who is going to Greece next week though, so she will move in with me and we'll be companions. I've been called to be the Sister Training Leader, so I will get to train her and the rest of the Sisters that we get until I leave, I'm so excited about that! 

Highlight of my week: On Sunday we got to watch a talk given in the MTC by Elder Bednar called The Character of Christ. Wow, it was the best talk I've ever heard! The central message was TURNING OUT. He talked about how naturally, we want to think about ourselves, we care about what we want and what we need, we turn inwards. But that is the opposite of what Christ did. He talked when Christ had just returned from atoning for our sins, something that was harder than anything we could ever possibly imagine and he came back to find his apostles sleeping (he had asked them to stay up and wait for him). Then Judas comes with a mob of people and betrays him and he is taken by guards. One of Christs followers then cuts off one of the guards ears with his sword, and what does Christ do? He heals the guards ear. Never once does Jesus ask for sympathy or feel bad for himself. In one of the hardest times of his life, he turns out and is caring about OTHERS. Elder Bednar just tells it like it is, it's not about me. He actually says "Get over yourself." It's about helping others. THAT is how we develop the character of Christ. We can only become like this through the atonement. We can be given strength beyond our own through the atonement. He also talked about being truly converted. There is a difference between having a testimony and being truly converted. That is what I want for the people I teach, a true conversion unto Christ. It was probably one of the most powerful things I've ever heard. My new moto for my mission is TURN OUT. When we lose ourselves in the service of others, that is when we truly find ourselves...when we are not looking for OURSELVES. We also got to hear from L. Tom Perry on Tuesday! It was so amazing. When he walked into the room you could just feel something different. Something that really impressed me from his talk was what he taught about listening to people. Being sincere and truly caring for the people you teach. It all goes back to teaching people, not lessons. Everyone has struggles and challenges, and this gospel can help everyone. 

The more I learn about Christ and his gospel, the more I love it and realize that everyone needs it. I have come to love the scriptures so much, I can't get enough of them. The Book of Mormon is true. It is evidence that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that CHRISTS' true church has been restored to the Earth today. It testifies of Christ and can answer so many questions we have. The more I read it, the more I know it is true and know that anyone who reads it and asks God with a sincere heart, having faith, will know of it's truthfulness also. God answers our prayers, I testify of that. This is one of my favorite scriptures I read this week: 3 Nephi 18:24...24 Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.
I love you all!! Until next week!
Love,
Sister Reilly

My new "companion" that are going to the Philippines 
The cripples Elder Drew, he sprained his ankle playing basketball this week!
Elder Marcello and Elder Armstrong taking model pictures with my camera!
Doing missionary work at the temple...hahah!

haha I miss these Sisters already! That's how they say What's Up in Armenia
This tends to happen to Elder Haws and Elder Mangum
And then they get written on...

No comments:

Post a Comment