Monday, February 2, 2015

blessings!

Wow, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessings and miracles we saw this week. Yesterday was Laura and Darrel's baptism. It was pouring rain since early in the morning and flooding. Laura can't get out of her house with her three kids when it rains hard because it's too slippery and she can only carry one of the kids. We were really worried for her and were just praying for a miracle. What happened was one of the coolest experiences of my mission. Laura's husband came back...and they showed up at church as a family. Darrel's dad got to see him and his mom get baptized. After all the struggles and challenges Laura has had, I couldn't help but just cry when I saw them all together at church. The Gospel blesses families. Hearts can be mended and changed through Jesus Christ and family relationships that were once broken can be healed. Families are eternal and the center of our Heavenly Fathers plan.
Pak John also got up and bore his testimony after being comforted in sacrament meeting yesterday. I got news that Pak Izaak Yakub (who was baptized in Malang with Sister Jibson and I) went to the Hong Kong temple!! Miricles!!! This is the greatest work, and I just can't use words to explain what I feel and I see the Lord's hand in these people's lives and in mine. There truly is nothing more fulfilling. I love my Savior, this is His work and how grateful I am to play some small part in it! Sister Akaiti will move to Solo tomorrow moring, I am training a new missionary, Sister Suyoto. She's Indonesian and is full of energy, I'm excited for the things to come! Love you so much!
Sister Reilly








No comments:

Post a Comment