Monday, December 1, 2014

THE RAIN HAS STARTED!

Well, Jakarta definitely tested my patience this week! The raining season has started and I thought there was a crazy amount of traffic here last week...I was wrong. The streets flood like crazy and you can literally be in traffic from the afternoon until late at night. The work here is definitely harder than any of the other areas I've served in, but I know that no matter where I am, the Lords work will move forward! I'm glad my comp is up for whatever because I often just get up from the bus and say, "lets walk, this is crazy." haha! 

So a pretty cool experience from this week...we were proselyting in a shopping center type place and I just got this strong impression that we needed leave to go get on the first bus we saw. I turned to Sister Akaiti and asked if she trusted me and she said YA! So we left and got on the fist bus and we were just both praying that we would know what to do next...nothing came. We ended up just riding and talking to people on the bus and nobody seemed interested. It was getting pretty late so we decided we needed to just go back. I was feeling pretty confused at this point because I really felt like I had got an impression from the spirit. Anyways on the last stretch coming home a guy got crammed into the overly crowded bus (at night, the buses are like animal stalls) He saw the Book of Mormon and started asking me about why I was here. I explained and answered his questions and then I didn't say anything else. After a few minutes he turned to me and asked..."could I hear that message that your hear to share?" Long story short, he took the Book of Mormon and he's been reading and super interested! We are giving him to the Elders because he lives alone, but I just thought that was pretty cool :). Listen to the little promptings! 

We are still working like crazy here, trying to find people to teach, we are seeing miracles each day and I am so grateful to be taking part in the Lords work here. We will see amazing things happen in these to wards, I know it is true! There are so many people hungering and thirsting after the truth and we have and will continue to find them. 

I know that me Savior lives. 
I am grateful for this time of thanksgiving. I am so grateful for my Savior, my family, and my mission. I have SO MUCH to be grateful for, I can't express my gratitude for the many blessings my Heavenly Father has given me. I love you all and I am grateful for YOU! 

With so much love, 
Sister Reilly 

Jibs and Shefson going home and Thanksgiving!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment