Monday, March 31, 2014

Miracles!

Selamat pagi semuanya! This week was so amazing!! So...last week I told the story about Mas Hendra and his family, and how they needed a miracle. Sister Jibson and I were so worried because we hadn't heard anything from them since we left the hospital on Thursday. They were supposed to have to get the money paid by Friday morning. We finally heard from them on Wednesday and we made an appointment to come visit them. We were there for about 20 minutes and they still hadn't said anything and then finally Mas Hendra said...well we had a miracle happen...! Long story short, the doctor didn't reply/contact them until Saturday, and normally if you are given an extra day to get the money, they make you pay even more, but the doctor didn't make them pay any extra money, and somehow with that extra day they were able to find enough to pay the bills! On Thursday night after we had left the hospital, before we went to bed we sent them a text with 2 Nephi 27 : 23 For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith."
Mas Hendra said when he read that, he knew it would all work out...and it did! When we put our trust and faith in the Lord, we truly will see miracles happen. Sister Jibson and I couldn't pray enough, thanking Heavenly Father for answering our prayers and helping that family! Last week I also talked about Pak Yakub and his family. This last week we challenged him to be baptized and he wants to be baptized. We came back on Friday and taught him about the word of wisdom and he told us that was going to be a really big challenge for him. He smokes a pack everyday and about 4 cups of coffee everyday. We promised him that if he had faith, Heavenly Father would give him strength to overcome this addiction. On Saturday morning we ran to their house and gave him a bunch of mints and hot chocolate to help him :). He came to a branch family home evening on Saturday night with his son, Bryon and he had only smoked one. Yesterday him and Bryan came to church and the lesson in gospel principles just happened to be on the word of wisdom and it was perfect for him. He only smoked one yesterday, but he is having a realllly hard time. He is really stressed and his body is kind of freaking out...please pray for him! His son, Bryan in 9 and he is so awesome! He's helping his dad and he wants to be baptized also :). We are hoping the whole family will eventually be baptized, but we are focusing on Pak Yakub and Bryan first. I love my mission so much, and I love my Savior so much! know that Christ lives and is the Savior of the world. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and has a plan for us. I know that this is the Lords church, led by Jesus Christ himself and I know that he has called a latter day to lead and guide us! There's nothing better than what I'm doing right now! I love you all and am so thankful for you prayers and love!
Please pray for Pak Yakub!
Dengan Kasih,
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment