Sunday, January 12, 2014

The greatest feeling in the world!

Yesterday we got to see Daniel be baptized! I've never felt happier in my life than I did when I saw him be baptized. So many of the members were there and were so excited for him. He bore his testimony after he was baptized and he just looked so happy and bright! I love him! His life is truly changed because of the gospel in his life. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father trusted Sister Suryani and I enough to teach Daniel. I will never forget yesterday! I want that for everyone! The branch is excited about missionary work and the work is truly moving here now! Next week the Elders are having 2 baptisms!! We are so excited! Yesterday was also really sad for us though because Ibu Diah didn't come to church. We had been fasting and praying for her, and she didn't come, so we were really sad! I still have faith that she will be baptized though. She knows this truly is what she wants in her life, but she just needs to act in faith and trust that The Lord will bless her. We have some other great investigators that we are hoping to give baptismal dates this week. This past week we went to Surabaya again on Wednesday and Thursday. President Donald came and interviewed all of us and taught us. It was awesome, I love him so much! He talked about making promises with the Lord (like Russ told me on Skype). Also, we got the news that Sister Suryani will be moving in Febuary :(. I'm way sad about that! But she has been in Malang for almost 6 months! I can't imagine having anyone else as my comp! We are taking the president's challenge and making promises with the Lord to have certain things happen before Sister Suryani leaves. We are using the rest of our Pdays to just work until she leaves and also waking up at 6 so we can go out earlier everyday! This week we were riding our bikes and it started raining harder than it ever has before and the street was flooded in like 10 minutes! We happened to be close to a referral's house that the Elders gave us so we rode there and her house was being flooded. There was about 6 inches of water in her house because her ceiling was leaking, so we just started helping her. We got a bunch of buckets and spent about an our just shoveling water out of her house, it was so sad! But she was so grateful and so nice. I know the spirit led us there at that time to her and comfort her, and that was a really cool experience! I'm still loving every second and there truly are miracles happening here in Malang! I love the Savior and I love having the opportunity to teach others about him. This truly is his church and his work and it is the greatest work there is!!
Love,
Sister Reilly













No comments:

Post a Comment