Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! We just got back from a devotional with Russell M. Nelson, that was so good! One of the things he said that really stood out to me was, "Obedience brings success, EXACT obedience brings miricles." I've heard some version of that quote many times since being in the MTC, but when he said it, it was different! We must also have FAITH to bring about those miricles! 
Mormom 9:21 "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."

I know that is true! Later today we are doing a service project and making 175,000 soup mix bags! On Tuesday, our tiny zone of 6 Elders and us 2 Sisters showed up to GYM and the 1st cousoler in the MTC presidency was waiting for us. He asked if we would help him and the rest of the MTC presidency (except President Nally) unload and set up everything for the service project we are doing today! That was so cool! We got to get to know them and work together with them for 2 hours. THEN, yesterday, President Nally (the president of the MTC) walked up to me in the cafeteria at lunch and asked if I could come see him in his office after I was done eating! A couple minutes after that the intercom that goes throughout the MTC said, "Will Sister Sidney Reilly please come to the front desk." ....twice within like 5 minutes haha! I went up there and President Nally was waiting for me. He invited me into his office and we talked for a while, he asked me to share my testimony with him and we just talked about my mission and everything. I had no idea what was going on. Some other missionaries had been called up to his office and they were getting transferred!! So I was really scared! He then told me that my grandparents had taken a package to the front desk for me and he happened to meet them and he told them he would give me the package himself! haha, that was a cool experience! So ya, I'm tight with the whole MTC presidency now :). haha! Thank you Hal and Rebecca Jensen! We're all still trying to figure out how you just walked into the MTC with a giant package! I loved it by the way! 
Speaking of packages, thank you so much to whoever sent me a package with cinnabon and pumpkin bread, I wish I knew who you were! Just know that I am so thankful (and so is the rest of my zone) :)! 

I leave for Indonesia in 4 days!! I could not be more excited! I have loved the MTC so much, it really is a spiritual powerhouse! On Tuesday night at the end of our devotional the speaker asked if we could all sing "Come Thou Fount" and it was so cool! The spirit was so strong, I love that song and it makes it even better when there is 2,500 missionaries singing it all together! My love and testimony of the Savior and his atonement has grown so much here. My testimony that this is His church restored on the Earth today has grown. My faith has grown, and my desire to share this gospel with everyone has grown. I have been so blessed to have grown up with a knowledge of this gospel. I know the people of Indonesia need this gospel, I know it will change their lives and I am so grateful to be able to be an instrument in the Lord's hand and take it to them! I have no doubt that these next 17 months will be challenging, but I know that in the strength of the Lord I can do ALL things! I heard something this week that really stood out to me...your mission is a short time and you have the rest of your life to think about it. I will serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength for 18 months. I seriously cannot wait. I am going to open my mouth and tell everyone I can about this amazing gospel and how it can bless their life! Since it's Thanksgiving, I just want to say that I am so grateful for all of the family and friends I have supporting me as I serve my mission! I really am so blessed! Have the best Thanksgiving!


Love,
Sister Reilly

Happy Thanksgiving!
My Fav Indo sister!

Stoked on packages!! Thank you!

Working hard!




p.s. sorry if I didn't write back to letters this week, we have just been crazy busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment