Monday, February 10, 2014

The weeks go bye too fast!!

Ahh, the weeks seriously fly bye, I feel like I was just here emailing! Another great week! So we've been working with Ibu Diah since my first week here and I love her so much. She knows this is the true church and it has just been a hard process for her to leave her other church and take that step of faith with baptism. We haven't given her a new date, we've just been having her pray about a date that she feels is right and she always says she is praying, but is not ready yet. The other day the Elders gave her a blessing, because she has a lot of stress and sometimes has trouble sleeping. After the blessing she said she just felt something peaceful, and different and she felt like Elder Headrick knew exactly what she was going through. We taught her a lesson after the blessing and asked if she was ready to enter the waters of baptism and she said she was ready! We were so surprised and so happy!! She wants to be baptized on the 23rd! We are moving all the baptisms to the 23rd. Ibu Diah, Leah, and the three sisters I talked about last week...Inka, Cori, and Fina! Ah I love them so much! Please pray for them as their baptisms approach! 
Last week I talked about the Muslim family that works in the Padang place and we love them so much. They have been reading the Book of Mormon everyday and have read so much!! The mother cannot read, so the older daughter, Ahyu, reads. We are working towards them coming to church next Sunday, it is a really big sacrifice for the mom, Ibu Majider because she would have to close down her shop and she has also never left it without someone watching it before. She has a lot of faith though, and I know the Lord will provide a way for her and her family!! We are working with some really awesome other families right now and I am so excited about that! I know the Lord has prepared these people! They are truly real seekers of the truth! Something really sad happened last week though that I forgot to talk about! We had been working with this Muslim family and we love them so much, the father had been working in Bali the whole time we we teaching them and he came home and told us we could not come back, he is really fanatic Muslim...ah we were so sad! That happens often here, there will be people who will want to learn, but a family member who is fanatic stops them, it is really sad. We are just grateful for the amazing people we have the opportunity to teach everyday. We are so blessed that the Lord has given us the opportunity to teach His children in Indonesia. Everyone needs this gospel. No matter what challenges or trials a person has, the gospel can help them. When we have faith in Jesus Christ and follow Him, we are blessed. I get to see that first hand everyday, in my life and through the lives of the people we teach. Heavenly Farther is just waiting to bless us, all we have to do is turn to him and put our trust in him. Through His Son, Jesus Christ we can be healed, comforted and truly changed. I know that any success I have on my mission is not because of my own strength, but because of the Lord's strength. When we are worthy and willing, He can and will work through us! I love my Savior so much and I love this gospel! I love you all! Thank you so much for the emails!!
Love,
Sister Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment