Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Amazing Week!!!

Amazing things have happened this week! This past week we spent most of our Pday and pretty much all of Tuesday just proselyting and finding people to teach and we have found so many amazing people! We taught 20 lessons this past week. When we reported our stats to our District leader last night he didn't believe us. That is the most Sister Suryani has ever taught in a week and she's been out a year! Okay...DANIEL! I think it was like the 3rd day here when I met Daniel, he is 21 and is so nice and humble! We live on a long street and I do sprints up and down the street to workout in the morning. I saw Daniel and when I was done I went and gave him a pass along card, I didn't get his number or anything. He texted us later that night (which almost never happens) and we set up a time to meet with him on Thursday after we taught English class. Daniel is amazing. He had met missionaries once before and they gave him a Book of Mormon, and his family actually took it and burned it. They are very strong in their chruch and really don't like Mormons. Right now he actually is just living with his cousin here in Malang and working, but his cousin is also really against Mormons. After what happened with the Book of Mormon, he downloaded The Restoration video on his phone and watched it and he knew that we were not the way everyone has been telling him we are. When we taught him about the restoration of the gospel the spirit was so strong. After the lesson he walked all the way home in the rain (he lived really really far from the chruch) and was reading Moroni 10 like we invited him to. He texted us while walking and told us "I love this book." He had to wrap the Book of Mormon in a plastic bag and hide it in a rice at home. He takes it with him to work everyday and reads. On Saturday a brother in our ward who just got off his mission took him to a young adults Christmas party, and yesterday he came to Church and we taught him the Plan of Salvation after. We also gave him a baptisimal date for the 12th of January!! I know the Lord put Daniel in my path because He had been prepairing him to recieve this gospel. We are so excited for him!! He has so much faith and desire to follow Jesus Christ. 
I wish I had more time so I could talk about each of the people we are teaching, but I will just talk a little bit about a few more. Ibu Diah is a single mom who has many struggles in her life right now and we are helping her find hope through Jesus Christ, we are meeting with her tonight and hoping to give her a date to be baptized. Pak Yanto is about the same age as Daniel and we are teaching him and his mom and Yanto has a problem with smoking. He has a desire to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized and we want to help him overcome that addiction and prepair him to be able to. All I can say is the Lord had blessed us with so many amazing people to teach as we have deticated 100% of our effort to this work. I have never worked so hard in my life and I have never felt so much joy in my life. This in Jesus Christ's chruch restored on the Earth. We have a prophet and 12 apostles who live today. True joy comes through Jesus Christ and following His gospel. We can be strengthened to endure any trial through the atonement of Jesus Christ. This is the Lords work and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a part of it!! Mosiah 16:9 "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."
Salamat Hari Natal! Merry Christmas! I love you!
Love,
Sister Reilly


No comments:

Post a Comment